Thursday, August 16, 2012

Some Fan Fiction by Doug Ward...

Saving Jebediah; Another True Story from the Zombie ApocalypseSaving Jebediah; Another True Story from the Zombie Apocalypse by Doug Ward
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

First, the author does acknowledge this as fan fiction, so perhaps my score is a little harsh. I give it a 2.5 but I did round up to 3 on the display instead of down to 2 because with edits I might be less distracted. I am unfamiliar with Mr. Ward, but I am a fan of Mark Tufo and his Zombie Fallout series so I gave Saving Jebediah a shot. The story itself is a fairly cut-and0dried rescue tale. The characters are painted as folks you might expect in the background of Dukes of Hazzard (and I mean that as a compliment...the 'redneck oozes from the pages). So while the characters may be stereotypes, they are well done stereotypes. Some edits, especially in the dialog, would be very beneficial. Overall, it was a quick read that passed the time on a lunch break.


No comments:

Post a Comment