Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Review: New Jerusalem News: A Novel

New Jerusalem News: A Novel New Jerusalem News: A Novel by John Enright
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a book that I might have missed if it were not provided to me for purposes of a review. I went into it without even glancing at the summary because I was ready to be surprised. I am glad I had the chance to spend some time with such a wonderful story. There is so much going on and it does feel very true-to-life in the way it is presented. There is a bit of mystery and intrigue, but above all, there are interesting characters and a well-told story that is not quite a whodunnit, but more of a "what is really going on" sort of tale. While I did find the "romance scenes" somewhat blocky and awkward, I am not entirely sure that was not by design. The ending sort of reminded me of an episode of Seinfeld where I sort of had to as myself if that was actually it.

This is something you might miss or pass over for a number of reasons, I would advise you to reconsider.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment