Sunday, November 4, 2012

A book to read with a friend.

Beneath the TorBeneath the Tor by Kat Yares
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am a horror buff. That is just my thing. My second favorite is fantasy like Song of Ice and Fire or Wheel of Time. This is a book that I would never have given a thought to on my own. I was given a review copy, and these are the types of surprises that remind me to expand my horizons.

With some very interesting and unique characterizations of some popular biblical figures, Beneath the Tor by Kat Yares is character-rich. This is not what I would consider a "casual" read, and demands that you actually spend some time with the book. It is engrossing and entertaining, and has a lot of "conversational" moments. I recommend that you read this with a friend because this is a story that you will want to talk about while and after you read it.

There were some editing touch ups that could make it smoother--mostly in the dialog, but there is nothing glaring that will distract the reader. So, find a friend, or tell your book club about this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment