Sunday, July 15, 2012

Paying the Hitchhiker by Regina Puckett

Paying the HitchhikerPaying the Hitchhiker by Regina Puckett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Short and sweet, this story changes directions so many times that you reach the end and wonder if there is just one more page. I must add,it that I started off thinking that I would not enjoy this little tale. It seemed like a been-there-read-that story. When the first curve ball came across and caught me off guard, I gave a polite nod and continued reading. However...I still held my reservations because once the misdirection was revealed...I felt like the story had no place to go. WRONG! It has a few more tricks up the sleeve.

I applaud the author for the clever story, the "I didn't see that coming" twists, and a very clean read with wonderful editing. I enjoyed "Paying The Hitchhiker" and will keep my eyes open for more by Regina Puckett. If you want a quick thrill, this story will do nicely.


No comments:

Post a Comment