Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Hollowland by Amanda Hocking

Hollowland (The Hollows, #1)Hollowland by Amanda Hocking
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I had no real expectations when I picked up this for my Kindle. I've read hundreds of zombie books and seen all the movies. When this one starts...it does so with a bang. I felt like I had just heard a starter's pistol. From the first page, there is really no break in the action. It moves fast and furious to an entertaining conclusion.

This book has a bit of everything. Religious zealots gone bad, evil government undertones, quests, and even a bit of romance...and a lion. Oh yeah...you can not dismiss the best ever usage of a lion in a piece of zombie fiction. Does the book stretch the limits at times? Sure. But isn't that what FICTION is about? After all...we are reading about a world where the dead walk. Right?

The ending hearkens to the end of 'The Empire Strikes Back" in that there is SOME resolution to the main theme, but you just know a whole bunch of stuff is coming up.

Yes, there are a few editing snafus, but for an indie, it is fair in that regard. Overall, a fun read with lots of action.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment