Sunday, July 22, 2012

Below the Surface by Catrina Taylor

Below the SurfaceBelow the Surface by Catrina Taylor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I honestly did not pay attention to anything that told me this was part of a larger piece of work. So, there was a while in the beginning where I felt like I'd walked into a movie halfway through. That did not prevent me from enjoying a wonderful story. Catrina Taylor is a name I have never heard of, but after reading this, I went straight to Amazon and grabbed Change by Design (Xenonian Origins). I was pulled into this world and that is a feat since I have really been put off by the Sci-fi genre the past few years.

I loved what I read, but felt that there was a lot that ended up being omitted. To but it bluntly...there is a lot of story here that seemed to be summed up in a sentence or two. Perhaps I will get more once the full length novel for this series becomes available. Very few editing issues (I always feel obliged to mention that for good or bad.) Ms. Taylor, you have a new fan.



No comments:

Post a Comment