Friday, September 7, 2012

Here's to 100 more!


First, I want to thank every single non-web bot that came here and visited my little corner of the blog world. So many of you have been beyond kind. I have to admit, when I get comments, or see a new review on Amazon, or get a fan letter/email out of the blue (that still blows my mind every single time), or--and this is my evil addiction--I check my sales numbers on Amazon and see that I have sold over 1,000 books in a single month (almost equaling the TOTAL from last year in 30 days!), I am just overwhelmed. What each of you who have taken the time to read one  (or several) of my books do not realize, is that by doing so, YOU have made a person's dream come true. I get to WRITE FOR A LIVING. I may not be raking in the big bucks, but just the difference from last year to this year is so dramatic that I simply can not get over it. So, from the bottom of my heart, I thank you.


So how can I show you individually that I do actually mean what I say? I figure the best way I know is to offer you FREE STUFF! So, you heard it here first...September 18th (my 47th birthday...yikes), I will be offering up ALL THREE of my Zomblog (Zomblog, Zomblog II, and Zomblog: The Final Entry) books for one day on KDP. But that's not all, I will also put up Dakota, That Ghoul Ava, AND Dead: The Ugly Beginning. "But wait!" you may be saying. "Everybody gets that...I thought I was special." You are, and that is why I have RIGHT here for you my special offer. I will give you DEAD: The Special Edition Compendium free from Smashwords. The code is: LH93Y. Also, how about our newest anthology...Spiders. Again, here is the free code: PX29Q  . These are good until Monday, September 10th.


Not good enough? Okay. You send me an email and I will send you the MP3 file of your choice...in fact, you can have them ALL if you like! You can choose from "Should I Stay or Should I Go(The Clash)", "Santeria(Sublime)", "Tomorrow(by Silver Chair)", "Stranger Things Have Happened(Foo Fighters)" or "Summer Melt(the first song I ever wrote, an all instrumental piece)". I do vocals and lead guitar on all the tracks; the first 3 are live concert recordings. (Stranger Things I actually do 3 of the 4 guitar parts, it is a studio piece). Those are just for you. And finally...because some of you refused to allow Zomblog to end, this Halloween is the release for the fourth book, Zomblog: Snoe. Since there was such a great demand from many of you to have "guest appearances" in the DEAD series, I have decided to choose one of you to be Snoe's "companion" in Book 5. (Kind of like travelling with the Doctor in the Tardis...but no space and time travel...oh yeah...and zombies.) How do you win? Simple. In 50 words, tell me why you think you would survive the zombie apocalypse. The winner will be chosen at random and all entrants will ALSO be put in a drawing for a signed copy of Zomblog: Snoe.


So, while I may not have any movie offers yet, and I still can't quite crack the Top 100 in SALES in Amazon Horror (I do it in the freebies all the time, just not when it comes to folks shelling the bucks...but soon, I believe 2013 will be the year I break into that list), I am doing well enough that it just feels right to give some of that to YOU. After all, if you weren't here...I would still be doing a early morning paper route and spending half my pay just on gas and vehicle maintenance...or bar tending(God forbid...never good to have a person with a drinking problem serving booze). But you have given me a gift I will never be able to thank you enough for...so if you are ever in the Portland area...give me a holler. I'll fire up the BBQ.


So, on behalf of my family(that includes my Border Collie, Aoife), thanks so very much for being a part of my dream come true. Now, go get your presents!

9 comments:

  1. I have booked my plane ticket for the BBQ... happy to say I have ALL the books you are offering for free....so avid fan I must be... watch your ankles!
    Looking forward to the next century of blogs! of course, now you are an old man (47! pfft!) that might take awhile.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vix,

      You have seen the pictures...you know that I can do magic on the grill. We have a spot at the table for you!

      Delete
  2. Todd, this is so cool! So these freebies will be available on September 18? I'm marking my calendar. Happy birthday in advance.

    I am so happy your sales are increasing and that you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catie,

      Thanks for all you have done. Your blog posts and reviews have helped me get where I am.

      Todd

      Delete
  3. Love your work. I'm a huge fan. Thanks for the freebies. Went to smashwords but I don't see where I'm supposed to enter codes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Devonnia,

      When you "buy" the books and go to checkout, it will ask you if you have any code. You enter them at that point. And thanks for the kind words.

      Todd

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the free books, Todd. I wish you much success and hope you break that 100 mark soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed your work. I've always been a big fan of apocalyptic novels, zombie movies, and I absolutely love the tv series The Walking Dead, but I've never read anything from the zombie genre until I ran across Zomblog, which listed at a freebie. (It's here that I admit I'm cheap...I mean frugal...lol) I couldn't put it down! I loved it and immediately bought the other two Zomblogs as soon as I was done. I'm now knee deep in your DEAD series and thoroughly loving every aspect of them. Your writing is incredibly descriptive and you paint wonderfully vivid images with your words. Love it! Thanks for freebies and can't wait to read Snoe's story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your books since I found them by accident, or fate :) I have told as many people as I could about your writings and even turned on my English Professor to check you out. It is so cool you have been able to "quit your day job" and write. Many blessings on your continued fortunes!

    ReplyDelete