Sunday, September 9, 2012

A different Kim Harrison...

Pet Shop Boys: A Short StoryPet Shop Boys: A Short Story by Kim Harrison
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

As a guy, my love of the Kim Harrison books is something that draws the jibe and jest from "the fellas" when they see the row of books on my shelf. The fact that some are signed just makes it worse. I don't care. I jumped on the KH bandwagon shortly after Dead Witch Walking hit the shelves. I had all but given up on Laurell K. Hamilton and when I found Rachel Morgan, that was all she wrote.

Today, I scooped up this offering with no idea that I would have my jaw hit the floor. This goes in an entirely different direction than anything Harrison has written. It actually has a few "scary" moments. I have no idea if she intends to really open this Pandora's Box of a world she offered, but I can only hope. This has "Amazing Series" screaming from the pages. This is a much darker world than The Hollows.

Ms. Harrison, if you are listening: Please give us more of The Pet Shop Boys. (That is a sentence I never imagined myself to be writing.)


No comments:

Post a Comment