Wednesday, February 6, 2013

It ain't a movie yet...but one step closer.

Yesterday I received an email with some pretty exciting news...

Dakota is now up on audible.com! Yes, the first book I ever wrote is now available for you to listen to at your leisure. I found Matthew Finch through the ACX talent pool. He has a gritty voice that offers just a hint of that noir sound without being too "Mickey Spillane". 

One of the things that I decided early on was that I knew this would be a subjective event. What does it for one person may not do it for another...sort of like a singer. Some people think that Mick Jagger is amazing (people like me), and some people think Janis Joplin is legendary (not me...but see what I mean). When I heard Matthew breathe life into some words that I wrote on paper (I actually hand wrote the first three drafts of Dakota), I was blown away.

Some of you might have read this book, others perhaps not. In either case, if you have been considering giving a try to audio books, I hope that this one is on your radar for consideration. I will now do what every writer does when  they set one of their pieces of work free out in the world...I await the general consensus.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats my friend. I hope this is the first of many. :)

    ReplyDelete