Thursday, June 25, 2015

I have gone into hiding...sort of.


As you read this, I am somewhere in the woods of the Pacific Northwest with Aoife and Tyrion, my dynamic Border Collie duo. We are sitting in camp beside a river, not another person in sight as we enjoy a weekend in one of the state's many "undeveloped" campsites. That means nothing but a fire pit and a place to put the tent.

"Hurry up! I am already packed!"
Denise should be arriving soon to find dinner cooking over the open flame. I slipped away early to set up and just get away from what is forecast as a possible 100-degree weekend. I also brought the laptop so I could get in some writing as UnCivil War: A Modern Day Race War in the United States gets close to wrapping up. I am equal parts nervous and excited about this project.

"Huh? Now? Do we go now!?"
So, I will be away from communication for a few days. Jenifer will be hanging here with the birds. (They can't go camping...yet.) I hope that your weekend is peaceful, cool, and as productive as you want it to be. I will see you on the other side.


No comments:

Post a Comment