Monday, November 10, 2014

What are they saying about me?

More specifically, what are they saying about my most recent work.

As many of you may or may not know, the new DEAD is out. DEAD: Reclamation is having a decent run in that all-important first few weeks. It has been in the Amazon Top 100 for horror, and peaked in the twenties. Overall, the response has been very positive on the book that I was actually very worried about until I started getting the feedback from my beta readers.

So, if you are wondering...here are some of the early reviews:

"Todd (TW) Brown is a madman. I love to think that I would survive the end of days given that I have spent so much time reading about it, preparing for it, and thinking about it, but if the end of the world as we know it crosses into the territory of the Dead; I am not sure I would make it. The Dead tales are wrought from human experience, the words are steeped in emotion and as every breath is captured in stunning detail; you live (and die) along side of the characters. To me, the best part is that every page is part of the story: no filler, no wasted words or space, just full throttle excitement from the first to the last."

"I've been a fan of this series from the Ugly Beginning, and if I had to pick my favorite of the series, it would be DEAD: Reclamation. Several years have passed in the DEAD world, and our favorite characters have been through hell through those years. I don't want to give anything away, but this book shocked me and broke my heart. Through this series, I've become very attached to the characters. You can't help but feel like you know them. To me that is TW's biggest strength as an author. He writes these characters in such detail and description, that you feel like you know them and they're part of your family. If you haven't read this series, I highly recommend it. You will not be disappointed!!!!"

"I read Dead: Reclamation this weekend and it did NOT disappoint at all! It took me a few minutes to pick up the story because this book jumps forward about 10 years from where the last book left off but I was sucked back into the lives of the DEAD survivors immediately.

In this book, its not the zombies you really have to worry about, its the scum of humanity that is the threat now. He does a great job in showing the ugly side of people that is just under the surface of "civilized" behavior that we have today. I'm sure that if some catastrophic event ever does take place, a lot of his scenarios will happen. It was really cool to get a glimpse of how people have adapted years after the initial apocalypse. Most books of this genre concentrate on the first days, months or maybe a year or two after but this author takes the leap years into the future.

As the author has shown in his books in the past, people die in this book, people that I REALLY liked died in the book (and in a terrible way!!) and I was so MAD at him for a minute (Todd, you suck!!), but I guess that's the point, isn't it? These books make you feel the horror, the happiness and sadness when people are lost.

I enjoyed the peek into the side stories as well but there were some story lines from the last book that I wish would have been tied up and I didn't like the lack of continuity from the last books but that has more to do with my need to know every little thing that happened to the characters then with the writing.

All in all, I loved it and can't wait for # 11!!"

All in all, I am happy with the response and even more excited than ever before about the next two books. To top it off, I have been greatly inspired and have some wonderful things in store for those of you who will be along for the ride in the DEAD: Snapshot series. 2015 is gonna be an exciting year!


2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to Snapshot series, hope they're as fun and scary as the Dead. Great characters and nasty villains makes for great reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the Snapshot editions will actually be Snapshots--Faces of Evil...muhahahaha

      Delete