Friday, November 21, 2014

I must say farewell...

Our reunion after 16 years apart.
...but just for a while. You see, my daughter is coming in from Illinois for the week of Thanksgiving. It has been over a year since we have seen each other and I want to spend every single spare second with her. That means that I will be posting "reruns" next week. We have tons planned, and even one day where we will just sprawl on the couch and sip coffee. So much has changed since that picture above where we saw each other for the first time after 16 years. We were both a bit nervous (I was terrified) and you might notice that we are sort of leaning away from each other. Things have changed since then. And we are both so excited that we can't stand it. She has had a countdown on her phone for months...and now we are down to the last few days.

Her Halloween costume...Nerd Lumberjack?
So, my friends, I wish you all the happiness and hope that you are experiencing things that make you thankful. I know it is common to moan about family dysfunction around this time of year, but if you have ever lost it all for an extended period, believe me when I tell you that you would appreciate it so much more. Take this time to maybe reach out to the one person who meant so much in your life but has perhaps slipped away.


Believe me when I say, the reward is beyond belief. And now, I must clean my house (again) and pace nervously as I await the arrival of my little girl.

5 comments:

  1. Aw man, don't scare us like that! :-p Hope you have a great holiday together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time together Todd. We must cherish those we hold dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give her a hug for me!

    Armand

    ReplyDelete