Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Walking Dead: Mid-Season Finale


As finales go...this one was a bit soft. Far be it from me to complain about cliffhangars, but there were just too many problems tonight. Andrea has become the new "Lori". She is an insult to women. Can she need a man that badly to ignore everything that she saw tonight? Heads in fish tanks (including the soldier that the Governor told her had died). Let's not even bring up the undead daughter kept in the crawlspace.

Next problem, Daryl has never been short of words...so why was he silent at the end? Why didn't he say anything...especially to Andrea. It was another "out of character" moment that made this a weak episode to leave the audience with until February.

On the up side, we got Tyreese and his group. We got one inmate turning on the "creepy" factor, and Karl...well, Karl is just Karl.

I am a huge fan of the graphic novel series. I am also a big fan of the series, but this was probably my least favorite episode of the year simply because it did not keep the characters true to what we know them to be in several instances.

Of course, I will be there in February just like everybody else, sitting on the edge of my seat.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for admitting that Andrea has turned into the new Lori. She was "ugh" before, but now she's worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea is play-doh. You can mold her into whatever the man of the moment wants her to be. More and more I wish she'd been incinerated at the CDC. I never liked her to begin with (haven't read the graphic novels) but now I really hope she gets eaten.

    ReplyDelete