Monday, December 31, 2012

The Reawakening: The Living Dead Trilogy Book I (Volume 1) The Reawakening: The Living Dead Trilogy Book I (Volume 1) by Joseph Souza
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Usually, Permuted Press offers up some of the best in the zombie genre. They have given us J.L Bourne, Kim Paffenroth and one of my favorites, Tony Monchinski. Sadly, this was not a book that I could give the same praise to. The story has some decent ideas, but the characters are simply dreadful. That is the only word that I can come up with. I won't belabor what others have already said, but the ineptness of the scientist, the over-the-top stereotypical 'religious nut' and some inconsistencies that just become too frustrating. Also, you do not "absolve" and amendment, you abolish it. I could nit pick, but that is not my style.

All I can say is that, in my opinion, Permuted has given me some GREAT reads over the years. This just is not one of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment