Saturday, June 30, 2012

DuplexDuplex by Michael James McFarland
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I rarely read anything that gives me the chills or makes me so desperately want to get to the next page...but feel apprehensive about what I will find when I get there. Duplex by Michael James McFarland does just that! I found myself swept up by a story that I kept feeling I had a handle on, only to be thrown just a bit off balance by a crafty turn in the story. One of the strongest features is how well parts of the tale are IMPLIED. McFarland excels in giving you just enough information so that your mind can run amok.

Mostly clean of when it comes to the edits (so minor that you may not notice any unless you are an editor. I have to say that you will probably finish this story if you set an evening aside and just read. I highly recommend this book to the jaded horror fan who needs to feel a chill.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment