Monday, June 25, 2012

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (in 3D)


Went to see Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter in 3D on Sunday. Just a side note...the last movie that I saw in 3D was Jaws 3. To say that I was blown away by what I saw would be an understatement. I was mesmerized by the trailers for coming attractions!

As for the movie...it was brilliant! I guess now is a good time to say that I am a huge Civil War buff. (My book Dakota deals with that era and was actually inspired during my time living in Charleston, South Carolina. I thought that it was stunning visually and kept me entertained from start to finish. When it comes down to it...isn't that the goal of any film?

The man playing the role of Abraham Lincoln was the perfect balance of stately politician and action hero. The villain, Adam, is done to the utmost by evil character actor, Rufus Sewell. However, Jimmi Simpson was perhaps my favorite of the cast. He reminded me of a young James Spader.

If you are looking for harsh criticism here for any discrepancies in historical content, I won't be going that route. The movie was entertaining and fun! I loved it and will add it to my DVD collection when it comes out because it is worth watching again. The scene on the train was worth it alone. Far-fetched? Sure! But freakin' amazing!

When I go to a movie...my biggest concern is if it made me laugh, cry, or feel any sort of emotion. I chuckled a few times and was so swept up at others that I realized I was leaning forward to the point of almost being in the next row. So...yes...the movie was worth the time and money. And if you can.see it in 3D. I was captivated by the dust motes!

No comments:

Post a Comment