Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The trials and tribulations of a new recording studio.

For Christmas this year, my wish was for a recording studio setup. We have a space that I felt would work perfect and so I simply see this as the next step in the evolution of my life in the business of entertaining. FIRST, I want to be clear that I am still going to be working with John and Jodi Bricker from Falcon Sound Company, as well as Andy McFerrin. Also, Pamela Lorence will be Ava until she tells me "enough already!" (Which I hope is NEVER!) None of that changes.

So what does change? Good question. As many of you may (or may not) know, I am about to launch a spin-off of my DEAD series. The DEAD: Snapshot {Insert location here} series is revving up and preparing to go. And yes, DEAD: Snapshot--Portland, Oregon is first up, with Leeds, England on deck and then probably a small town most people probably never heard of except those who live there.

I will be narrating that series. As I embark, I am very aware of my lack of technical expertise in this field. I owe John Bricker a huge thanks for not only helping Denise get the correct gear, but also for helping me with the tech side of slapping together an audio book. And no...it ain't easy.

I hope that you all will be grabbing your copy when the first release becomes available. I know some of you cringe at the thought of audio books, and that is cool. You have a good excuse. Especially if you are a librarian. However, I do hope that the rest of you will give me a listen.

Stay tuned for my tales of woe, as well as details on how you can get a copy of my first ever self-narrated audio book, a short titled Kherfin that I have posted here from time to time. Until then, wish me luck.

P.S. If any of you know an awesome webmaster that won't break the bank, I am looking to set up my  official Author TW Brown web page. I could use a referral.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! You know where to find me if you run into any questions! Happy to help. Can't wait to hear it.

    ReplyDelete