Friday, January 9, 2015

{Stretch} Well...things are back to normal.

{Yawn}

Funny, but some people think that there is some sort of crazy glamorous life being lived by yours truly. 


Well, as you can see from Tyrion's level of excitement...nothing could really be much further from the truth. Now that the holiday season is over, I don't have any sappy Hallmark Christmas movies to watch, but that is good because I am WAY behind in my reading. And that is how I tuck in most nights...reading a good (or sometimes not-so-good) book. Bedtime can sometimes be as late as 10 on a "school" night.

My day consists of me getting up, and on certain days, hitting the road for my morning run. (Although I must use the term running loosely here since my best speeds are better timed with a calendar instead of a stopwatch.) Then I get Denise's coffee ready and bag up her lunch (this morning was leftover lamb chops, rice pilaf and steamed broccoli from last night's dinner). As soon as she leaves, I pour my own cup of coffee and head down to the office to get in my first writing session. From that point on, it is a rotation of writing, editing (if I have a project on the cutting blocks), interacting with the Border Collies with a Frisbee break at some point, as well as time with the new bird.

I mix in some housework (and yard work in the spring and summer months), laundry, cleaning the kitchen, and once or twice a month I am forced to sally forth into humanity to grocery shop. Around noon I do my P90 X or similar routine and then hit the shower. After that, more writing. And more writing. And more writing. Get the picture? And soon there will be regular studio time.

Around 4-ish I start planning dinner and handle any prep that needs doing. If I can get in one more session, I do, but if I can't hit my 500 word mark, then I don't bother. I hate starting the day with an odd number of words in my project. That is why I write in 500 word increments even if I have to stop in the middle of a sentence.

That is my thrill-a-minute life. Sorry if I ruined anything with a peek behind the curtain. Anyways, have a great weekend and come back on Monday. I am cleaning out my "Unclaimed Prize" vault. That means FREE STUFF!

No comments:

Post a Comment