Monday, January 19, 2015

I get it...change is scary.

A few years back, I recall listening to a few of my friends tell me that this whole ereader craze was just a passing phase. People wanted to hold the book in their hands. And I think that is a wonderful thing...the whole having the book in your hands thing. Yet, e-books are outselling hard copies by leaps and bounds. In my case it is on a 100:1 scale, that or there abouts.

I have a close friend who is a librarian. So, I understand her dislike for the digital medium. However, while ebooks are big business, I believe that the physical book will never go away. So, what is this all about? What is my point?

Simple...audio books.

Coming SOON!

Now, they are not for everybody. And if the story has a lot going on, it might get confusing if you do not pay attention. However, an audio book is great for that morning or evening walk or run. They are wonderful when you are grocery shopping or doing house work. Also, believe it or not, the time to work in the yard is coming around again soon. With the exception of mowing the lawn (and even then if you have good noise cancelling head phones) an audio book is spectacular. And here is the beauty...you can treat them like the old daily soaps. Listen to a chapter or so and then tune in tomorrow.

Get the series HERE!

Believe it or not, I still have some unclaimed gifts from last year. 16 to be exact. Curious? Or maybe you already enjoy the audio love. In any case...if you email me with "GIMME SOME AUDIO LOVE" in the subject line and let me know which of these remaining titles you would like...then you might find yourself with some company for whatever it is that you do while you do the audio book thing. Trust me, they are not going the way of the dodo!

Here is the list:

DEAD: Special Edition (Vol. I) Perspectives, Geeks & Vignettes. {2 full sets}

DEAD: The Ugly Beginning, Revelations, Fortunes & Failures, and Winter (2 sets)

There are a pair of stragglers as well:

Zomblog: Snoe's War (volume 5 of the Zomblog series)--I will throw in the other 5 books if you ask for this one.

And DEAD: The Ugly Beginning. (I will throw in the remaining SEVEN books of the series if you ask for this one and promise a review {good or bad...just be honest})

Have a good Monday.

1 comment:

  1. i have never listened to an audio book,but would certainly give them a whirl.

    ReplyDelete