Monday, November 18, 2013

The review that made people cry.

I have a ritual in the morning where I log on and check my most recent reviews. It is my version of Groundhog's Day. If the reviews are bad (not too often, but it is a reality of this line of work), then the day will be gloomy...at least until I shake it off. Which, by the way, takes about an hour or two.

Last week, I was checking out the most recent just like any other day, only what I read sort of changed my life. I realize that might sound cliche, but I am absolutely serious. I shared it with a few friends and it brought a couple to tears.

As an author, you hope to get the reader to feel REAL emotions. To know that words you strung together on paper made somebody laugh or cry is the ultimate payoff...or so I thought. I want to share a review I received for book one of my DEAD series, DEAD: The Ugly Beginning. I won't say a word after, because after that review, I have nothing left to say.

"This was one of those books you keep going back to and wanting to get, but not quite yet for whatever reason. One of my concerns was cost, not of one book, if I remember correctly the first one is free. After that they are $4.99 Ish. It is not that I don't feel that it is worth it, authors put a lot of hard work into their books. A lot of heart & soul as well. I just read quite a bit & if you don't watch out you can spend a ton of money in one month and like most people we have to watch our spending. Anyway I kept coming back to this series, the author also plans on 12 books for this series plus some companion books that do cost less, but still ...I couldn't take it any more & I got this. It just looked soooo good! And it was! I am totally hooked! Sorry honey, I'll sell a kidney on ebay or something! I am already on book 5 & I usually review as I go because I like to give the best most honest review I can give but I just could not tear myself away from this series. One of the things for me that tells me this author is really good is if he takes me away, into the world he is writing about. Like most people I have problems, in my case it is my health. I have quite a bit of pain due to some health problems and when I can get so into a book that I don't notice my pain as much. ....well that is quite the gift. So thank you Mr. Brown! You gave me a nice break, an escape, and I really appreciate it. You have to have some pretty amazing talent to be able to take people away from whatever the problem is in their own world. We all need an escape & for people that read, as I have said before authors are our superheros that save us from our pain or whatever problems we have & after all that $4.99 seems like a pretty good deal! So once again THANK YOU! Read this book, you're going to really enjoy it. You may as well go ahead and get the next few while you are at it."


7 comments:

  1. so where is the review link so we can all go and praise/like it!!
    all comments are true btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.amazon.com/DEAD-Ugly-Beginning-TW-Brown-ebook/product-reviews/B003L202KW/ref=cm_cr_pr_top_recent?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

      It was posted 11/12/13 and is the third most recent under DEAD: The Ugly Beginning.

      ;-)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful review and your blog title was aptly named. I read this in my car this morning while sitting in the parking lot at my day job, and have to admit I teared up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still a bit overwhelmed by it all.. It is the most rewarding review I have ever received.

      Delete
  3. Reading this..I got the goosebumps..

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you've ever asked "Why do I do this," this is the answer.

    ReplyDelete