Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Some very random stuff...

His name is Darwin and he lives in a tank above my desk where I write. Sometimes it feels like he is staring at me...but I'm not paranoid. 

My computer crashed on Friday (actually Thursday night). I never realized how much of my life is tied up in that silly black box until it was gone for three days. I also discovered that my phone is lousy when it comes to email. My entire livelihood exists in those twin terabyte hard drives...so when the mirror breaks (the twin TB drives are connected so that one is always automatically backing up the other, but when the mirror connection breaks, it no worky like it is supposed to) I am set adrift.


I have raised almost $1,000 in support of NaNoWriMo with the help of some wonderful people. One of the things that will be funded? An extension of the Come Write In program for juvenile halls and prisons. This is a wonderful and worthy cause in my opinion. I can not begin to express my gratitude for all those who helped.


I have been busy writing the 5th volume in the Zomblog series. Zomblog: Snoe's War will be out in June. Also, one of my treats as an editor is that I get to read the works of Mark Tufo and John O'Brien before the general public...all I can say is...WOW!


Several of my books will be coming out via Audible very soon. I am blessed to have very talented people working to make my books come to life. Stay tuned because I plan on making a big fuss wen the DEAD series comes out later this summer. Also, the entire Zomblog series (to date) is currently in production.

In other news, Vinnie called and has agreed to return this Friday. That is all I know at the moment.

Can I mention that some of the people out there seem to only be happy when they are bitching.  I feel sorry for them. The next time you are in line behind one...really take the time to observe. The next time you are about to lay in to some service industry person...let that image take root. Do you really want to be THAT person?

I got a few new cichlids for my tanks. And my daughter now has her very own Border Collie puppy. His name is Daryl (after her favorite character from The Walking Dead).

I have been running...the app "Zombies Run" actually makes it bearable. I have lost 15 pounds since I got back to the gym and I might see about getting my bench back above 300 pounds this summer just one more time to see if I can. I am just glad that I can bench my body weight again (252 at last weigh in FYI), those first few weeks back were a humbling experience.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment