Thursday, January 31, 2013

Mark Tufo shows off...his talent.

Callis RoseCallis Rose by Mark Tufo
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Mark Tufo is well know for his best selling Zombie Fallout series. I was fortunate enough to read Callis Rose before release. I have to say that there is a roller coaster of emotions that flow through these pages. If you are expecting the tongue-in-cheek humor of Talbot or the engrossingly cute Riley, you need to set that aside and allow Mark to show you yet another aspect of his talent.

There are some elements here that will be reminiscent of Stephen King's "Carrie" but it goes beyond that. One of the real beauties of this story is that, by the end, you really do not know who to "cheer" for. I avoid spoilers in my reviews because I believe that the reader should have the pleasure of that discovery. What I will say is that Tufo manages to make you feel sympathy for the "villains" and almost root against the main protagonist. That is a credit to his talent and the reason he sits where he does in the Top Horror writers on Amazon.

There were some moments where I wanted to think that he dropped the ball, but every twist and turn proves to have a reason. Set aside all that you thought you knew about Mark Tufo and read this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment