Every once in a while, I get tagged for those 7/77 things, I always intend to get to them, but by the time I whittle down my daily list, it gets pushed back and I forget.. The Liebster Award (of which I know nothing) was something that my friend Chantal Boudreau tagged me in. I couldn't resist.. Read on to find out what it’s all about.
1. Thank the person who nominated you. Thanks, Chantal
2. Post eleven random facts about yourself.
3. You answer the eleven questions asked by the person who nominated you.
4. You think of a new set of eleven questions and nominate eleven others to answer them.
To start…eleven random facts about myself:
1. I played and sang in a band called "The KaQlin' Zombies".
2. A car accident at age 17 while riding with my friend Mike in his 280Z erased a part of my memory from my senior year in high school.
3. I have played football at the actual geographic North Pole.
4. If I were a woman, my "type" would be Dave Navarro and Keifer Southerland.
5. I held a 3.96 in college while obtaining my Associates, my only "B" was in calculus (I missed an "A" by 1.04%).
6. I have a son (Cody) and daughter (Ronni--my oldest) born 5 months and 2 weeks apart.
7. My favorite band of all time is KISS.
8. I keep my head shaved as a choice, I can actually grow a very full head of hair.
9. Redheads make me weak in the knees and I believe that the most "homely" of redheads is still a beauty compared to anything else (and yes...Denise knows!).
10. I played "SNoopy" in the musical "The World According to Snoopy"..
11. I have seen The Rocky Horror Picture Show over 500 times..
And now Chantal's questions for me.
1. What was your favourite childhood show? The Bugs Bunny Roadrunner Show.
2. If you could be a bird, what bird would you be and why? An owl. They can turn their heads around backwards.
3. What is the best dessert you’ve ever eaten? Carrot Cake at Claim Jumper.
4. If you could pick band line-up for your ultimate concert, who would you have open, follow and headline?
Open-The Clash; Follow-Cheap Trick; Headline--The ORIGINAL KISS lineup
5. What would you say is your favourite book outside of your preferred genres? Nathaniel Philbrick's "The Last Stand; the Story of Custer and Sitting Bull"
6. If you had to sit through the goriest of horror movies or the sappiest of chick-flicks, which would you pick? Horror.
7. Kirk or Picard? Kirk...there is no other.
8. What is your favourite board game? Risk
9. If you had your choice, quiet night at home or rowdy night out? quiet night at home.
10. What are the top three colours in your wardrobe? Black, Red, and Dark Green
11. Have you ever read anything you were expecting to dislike but to your surprise you loved it?
Yes, "Zombie Wilson Diaries" by Timothy Long
Here are my questions:
- Favorite sporting event to play?
- Your least flattering feature?
- Blondes, Brunettes, or redheads (or shaved heads if I tagged a female)?
- If you could relive one year (nothing changes, you just get to relive it) which would it be?
- What hobby would you like to pursue but just have never "gotten around" to it?
- Strangest dish you've ever eaten?
- Your personal comfort food?
- If you could choose an eye color from ALL colors, what would it be?
- Favorite Doctor from Dr. Who?
- Fast zombies or slow?
- Book you wished that you wrote?
My nominees: (I realize that writers are a busy bunch, and I am just as guilty as the next guy when it comes to "getting around to it" when it comes to things like this. I do hope that a few of you will pick up the gauntlet and add to this new-age version of a chain letter.)
Look forward to all your answers!