Monday, August 3, 2015

Review: The Nightingale

The Nightingale The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Do not mistake my four stars for saying this is not a fantastic book. It certainly is based solely on the writing skill of the author. For me, it was just a shade soap-opera(y). Granted, this is not my normal sort of read, but the Ford Book Club offered it and I decided to give it a try.

The story is set in WW2 and deals with two very different sisters who each have their own issues. A bit of intrique, adventure, and romance swirl about the story, and the greatest aspect of this tale is seeing how unfolding events cause the sisters to adjust and change instead of remaining static.

There is an interesting history hook here involving the French Underground, but for me, this was still a romance novel. I have nothing against the genre, it is simply not my cup of tea, but if this book was good enough to keep me wanting to find out what happenes, that says a lot for the author and her skill.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment