Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Review: THE SPLENDID AND EXTRAORDINARY LIFE OF BEAUTIMUS POTAMUS

THE SPLENDID AND EXTRAORDINARY LIFE OF BEAUTIMUS POTAMUS THE SPLENDID AND EXTRAORDINARY LIFE OF BEAUTIMUS POTAMUS by Peggy A. Wheeler
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is one of those stories that made me think of all the great "animals as people" tales ranging from Jungle Book to Animal Farm to Charlotte's Web. Yes, a broad range indeed, but this story has that going on for it. There is such a beautiful poetry to it that you find yourself lost. There are actual "laugh out loud" moments (not to be confused with the overused LOL. I mean you will actually chuckle. This is fantasy with a twist and I think you are missing out if you don't give this beautimus story a shot.

As for the audio version...the narration was, for me, the weak point. There was just something about Ms. Hazen's voice that did not work for me. That said, narrators are like singers, one person loves Sinatra, the next Bon Scott, so take that criticism with a grain of salt. I will say she has a vast array of voices and the production is top notch.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment