Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Review: City of the Dead

City of the Dead City of the Dead by Brian Keene
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I realize that there are those who passed on this title because book one was so insane, but isn't that the beauty of this genre? Keene is one of the people who were in the vangard that brought zombies back to the forefront. Kirkman simply gets the credit because he has a hit TV series, but there was a time when zombies were NOT so prevalent on Amzon in the book section. Keene stood out with this tale because it does not try to make you feel good. It tries to unsettle you and does so very well. And to have the demon aspect so well melded into this genre is a testament. This tale is even more action packed and fingernail destroying than the first installment.

I refuse to dock this selection simply because I (and obviously in the minority here) did not care for the narration. It was just did not do it for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment