Friday, August 19, 2016

Review: The Hunt Chronicles Volume 2: Revelation

The Hunt Chronicles Volume 2: Revelation The Hunt Chronicles Volume 2: Revelation by J.D. Demers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It will be tough to wait for the next in the series. That is where I want to begin. Now, for the misses before I get to the hits of this title (and yeah, there are both).

Christian became a bit less likable in this volume. It sis not help that he was basically shackled with an obnoxious teen girl for a bit. That whole bit with the two of them was perhaps my biggest fault. I get it that a teen girl may ask a lot of questions and talk incessantly, but at times it seemed overdone to the point of slightly distracting. Absolutely not enough to dissuade you from this book, but that was a blip for me during the story.

*****SPOILER*****
(sort of)
The fact that Christian waits so long to tell somebody he has been bitten also made me like him less. I felt he would've come clean sooner and that.

***end of SPOILER (sort of)****

Fish still has the ability to annoy me, but it is all in character so kudos to Demers for making me annoyed with that guy.

The story has a natural flow for the most part, but does seem to over-stereotype at times. I will say that there is one very well thrown curveball (nope...no spoiler this time) and it made this book go from pretty good to pretty DARN good on its own.

Overall, this is a series you will want to start adding to your list. And, as I said, I am anxious for the next volume.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment