Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Know any college students making films?

Seriously. Do you? Then you may want to send them here to read this post.


Zomblog is really what started it all for me. Granted, I never intended it to be published. It was simply a warm up exercise as I got my writing chops in shape to pen the DEAD series. That is not to take anything away from the Zomblog saga. Overall, it is pretty good, and I did learn a lot in the process. Even better, some very constructive reviews came along that helped shape me into a more proficient writer.

This series was my first entry into the KDP program which led to a single weekend download extravaganza of over 10,000 copies of book 1. That opened the door for me as an author and the rest is history.

So, now, I would like to make an offer to a YouTuber, aspiring indie film producer, or group of college kids looking to put something together for class or just to get the practice. Zomblog is perhaps the easiest of my titles to convert to film. So I am offering it up. No advance fees, no licencing deals or hurdles to jump through. I figure the exposure this book gets through you will sell a few copies for me. That is good enough. 

I am living my dreams because of this little book. If I can give somebody a nudge by allowing them to use it, I consider it a win-win. 

Interested? Then email me at twbrown.maydecpub@gmail.com with "filming Zomblog" in the subject line. 

I may not hear from a single soul...but if you don't put it out there, nobody will know. Right? So, if you know somebody, or you know somebody who knows somebody...or, if you are that somebody...drop me a line.

3 comments:

  1. that's a very nice thing you are doing. cant wait to see what this turns up.
    every body have a great day
    graham

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will remain to be seen if there are any takers, but you never know if you don't put it out there.

      Delete
  2. I really love the Zomblog series. Zomblog was the first book of yours I read. Probably during that 10,000 download event. I'd love to see it in movie form, so I hope someone takes you up on this exceptionally generous offer.

    ReplyDelete