Monday, May 12, 2014

What I got out of the WHC. (Part 1)

Jenifer...zombie?

Honestly...not much when it came to my expectations. I did see a few very good panels that taught me some stuff I plan to use coming soon (like my podcast!). However, my time in the dealer room was a waste. So, if I had to nail down what really "did it for me" at the WHC, it was meeting a few people I might never have gotten the chance to meet in person.

Too sexy for our hair.

I have always said that, besides being a writer of zombie fiction, I am first and foremost a fan. So, meeting Joe McKinney, Armand Rosamilia (see where I put your name, Armand?), Mark Tufo, John O' Brien, Shawn Chesser, Brian Keene, and a few others was really great.


Even more to my liking was being able to meet a friend from the UK who I have known for years, but never had the chance to sit down and talk to personally. Plus, I made a new friend along the way. Vix and Ivor Kirkpatrick came all the way from Basingstoke, England and I was able to hang out, take them to the Oregon Coast, and just get spend some time kicking it.


Denise and I took them to Tillamook to walk through the cheese factory, then a ride to Cannon Beach and a lunch at Mo's. After that, the ladies went shopping and Ivor and I went to a Portland Thunder Arena Football game.


So, while there were some "issues" at the WHC as far as being in the Dealer's Room (don't worry, I will address that later this week), the weekend was still a success. heers.

No comments:

Post a Comment