Friday, January 24, 2014

Something that could lead to you getting in trouble at work...

Okay, I have something kind of groovy to share with you, but first I wanted to share how my day began. My Spartan Workout of the Day (WOD) is a recovery day that called for a walk, so Denise and I leashed the pups and took them out. Of course they love that sort of thing. Now my dog...Aoife, she is excellent on her leash, so well behaved, no pulling...


However, Denise's little guy wants to be a sled dog. He gives her quite a workout on these little jaunts. However, he has also started Flyball training. (Google it if you have not seen this...it is a blast for the doggies!) He is a natural and they both come home from practice just beaming. 


Anyways, we get home and my daughter Ronni had texted me to ask if I was up. I replied that I was and my phone rang. She is reading Zomblog! She loves it, loves Meredith...and is surprised at how good it is. And it struck me...your family sees you as "just dad" or "just big brother" or whatever. They are not usually your fans and half the time don't see what all the fuss is about. Today, my daughter became a fan of my writing! Today was a good day.

And now for the part that can get you into trouble...as I said the other day, people send me some pretty cool stuff. Now I admit, I love opening a box from UPS or Mr. Postman (especially the two times that I found a head inside! Seriously!), but there are other things that get sent to me that are equally groovy. So, have fun with this next bit..just don't get in trouble with the boss.



Have fun...

1 comment:

  1. When I first read this, I focused more on the dog walk, then got wrapped up in the video 'game'. It wasn't until last night that I had a similar experience as yours with Ronni.
    We went out to eat with a friend who happens to work in the same office as my sister. My SISTER, who knew that I wrote, but hadn't read any of it until this friend showed up with a paperback copy at work. She borrowed it, brought it back the next day and said, "Wow, he really CAN write." Duh. That's what she had been telling her for...how long?
    Now, my sister is a champion to the cause, but before she actually poked her nose into the pages? Meh. He writes...stuff.
    And yes, I still have family members who have no idea...

    ReplyDelete