Sunday, October 28, 2012

Progeny by Patrick C. Greene

ProgenyProgeny by Patrick C. Greene
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was fortunate to receive a copy of Progeny by Patrick C. Greene for review. I stress fortunate in this case. When doing reviews, it can be a real mixed bag. There are times where it becomes a real drudgery to finish something. However, that is not the case here.

For those of you who are tired of generic characters and horror that is driven solely by violence, THIS is the book for you. It is so much more than standard horror fare and Mr. Greene is very adept at building tension between his characters, balancing multiple little story lines that all feed into the main river of the tale.

There have been a number of "Bigfoot" based horror stories, and many are simply a waste of time. They are so "unrealistic" (I will not debate the existence of Bigfoot here) that they become too tedious to read. This does a wonderful job of making a myth seem VERY real without resorting to cheap tactics.

On the technical side, this novel reads very clean. Also, it is actually novel length. I could go on for day about some of the titles passing themselves off as "novels" and charging exorbitant prices. This book gives you all the bang for your buck. Kudos to Hobbes End Publishing and I now must add Patrick C. Greene to my watch list.


1 comment: