Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Review: Z Children: Awakening

Z Children: Awakening Z Children: Awakening by Eli Constant
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was fortunate to receive an ARC of this from the author. I am always ready for something new, but just reading the title had me wondering what sort of horrors were waiting. The wait is short.

Eli has a way about her when it comes to pulling real people into a horrific situation and making the reader see the world through the eyes of her characters. There can be nothing more terrifying that zombie children. It was one of those things that is as heartrending as it is terrifying. What really has me floored is that Constant co-wrote this with her dad. The pair work together to cobble together a seamless story that transitions smoothly as key characters are introduced in what has the potential to be a very engrossing series (after I reached the ending, I knew the ride was not over).

This book might be cruising under your radar, and let me tell you now that you will want to put it square in the cross-hairs. I don't do spoilers, I will just tell you that you need to be prepared to have your heart broken more than once.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment