Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Review: Bitten By The Bad Boy: A Bad Boy Vampire Romance

Bitten By The Bad Boy: A Bad Boy Vampire Romance Bitten By The Bad Boy: A Bad Boy Vampire Romance by Jasmine White
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I started doing some research as I continue to try and improve on my That Ghoul Ava series. With a romance thread on the horizon, I felt it wise to grab a few of the better selling paranormal romances out there for some study material.

That said, the story is okay. The vampire angle seems a tad underutilized. However, I was impressed with the realism of the characters in reacting to the "vampire bite" sequence. I did believe that the ending was a teeny bit rushed and I had a hard time with how easy the female lead (Kyra) flip-flopped back into a romance with the vampire (Patton) who had treated her so poorly early on in the story.

On the technical side, Ms. White needs an editor. There are numerous mechanical errors in the dialog sequences. Very basic rules are being ignored, and if an "editor" is being paid to clean up this title and others in her library, then she is being robbed. I could point out a number of errors in just a single page that (as an editor) I would expect to be fired over if they were allowed in the final draft that went to print.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment