Monday, September 4, 2017

Review: What Lies Beneath

What Lies Beneath What Lies Beneath by Ditter Kellen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

She agreed to give me quiet time during the football game if I tried her book series.

My wife got hooked on this series and wouldn't stop talking about it, so I gave it a shot. Right off the bat, I will say this is not my genre. I'm a horror buff, so I kept waiting for the zombies. Here is what I came away from the story with...first, it has a fun mix a hard case ex-CIA guy, a young doctor, her dad the scientist, and then the Bracadytes...these would be the merman/alien creatures that are apparently all ripped and unabashedly handsome yet naive to our slang (which made for some interesting comic relief moments).I was not looking for Dickens or Bronte here. What I wanted when I chose to share in something my wife can't put down was just something entertaining. Since I drive and listen to books, this was a good break from the norm. It entertained me, had a bit of action, and I found out the REAL reason my missus apparently loves the series. Steamy moments of the intimate nature.

Ladies, bring a hanky to dab your brow...I think you'll enjoy it. My wife sure does. And I'm even gonna continue on to the next book just to see what happens next.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment