Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Review: Spartan Up!: A Take-No-Prisoners Guide to Overcoming Obstacles and Achieving Peak Performance in Life

Spartan Up!: A Take-No-Prisoners Guide to Overcoming Obstacles and Achieving Peak Performance in Life Spartan Up!: A Take-No-Prisoners Guide to Overcoming Obstacles and Achieving Peak Performance in Life by Joe De Sena
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Okay, I will say first that this can almost come off as a bit preachy, sort of like the mindset a former smoker can get once they kick the habit. In other words, almost militant. The thing is, De Sena believes in what he says and does that strongly. Did I suddenly get the desire to go organic or give up ice cream? No, but I am more conscious about QUANTITY. I have lost almost 30 pounds since embarking on Spartan races. This year, at age 52, I am going to earn my Trifecta. I have met a few of the elite runners at some of the events, and they really are embracing this life. There might be points here that you don't fully jive with, but you will find something that speaks to you. And NO!!! This is NOT a workout book. It is cognitive...about mindset.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment