Thursday, June 23, 2016

Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

As a series (YA or not) I have to say that this one is/was exceptional to read. I realize I am late to the party on this, but still, a few points to share as to why. For one, there are losses on BOTH the good and the bad. I won't spoil it by saying who, but, suffice it to say, there is something about that sort of loss being felt on both sides that give this story more of a "real" feeling and it allows the reader to seep deeper into this world and experience true emotion. That alone should be the biggest goal of a writer...to have the readers experience true emotion over characters that they have created on paper. That is accomplished here, and for that reason, this story must go down in history as one of the great tales. It matters little if you feel that one story or another has been picked at to create this one. No story is totally unique and all writers are inspired by what came before them. Kudos to JKR for creating such a rich world.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment